Oct. 9, 2015
Welcome to the City of Minneapolis Arts, Culture and the Creative Economy program newsletter. Here you will be able to find regular information on program and partner related news, events, opportunities, updates and special announcements.
News and Updates
Creative City Road Map
Traveling exhibit and “loop back” events
Join us in October and early November as the Creative City Road Map exhibit travels to four locations targeted to reach underserved communities throughout Minneapolis. Each location will host the exhibit for one week. In addition, there will be public “loop back” events organized by the Artist Engagement Teams at most of these locations during the exhibition period. “Loop back” events include performances, conversation circles, and opportunities to provide feedback on the draft Road Map document. Check back here for event details.
Photo credit: bfreshproductions
See you there!
- Traveling exhibition: Oct. 6-12 by Kitchen in the Market
- Loop back: Oct. 12, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Join Artist Engagement Team members, Shá Cage and E.G. Bailey, with community guest, Alejandra Tobar-Alatriz for a bi-lingual “loop back” event in the indoor central plaza.
- Traveling exhibition: Oct. 14-20
- Loop back: Oct. 19, 5:30-7:30 p.m. Join Artist Engagement Team members Keegan Xavi and Chrys Carroll for an evening of creative engagement.
- Traveling exhibition: Oct. 23-29
- Loop back: Oct. 23, 9-11 a.m. Special Coffee Talk with Creative City Road Map data specialists Rachel Engh and Abdiwahab Ali.
- Traveling exhibition: Nov. 2-10 (gallery is open Mondays and Tuesdays and by appointment)
- Loop back: Nov. 10, 5:30-7:30 p.m. Join Artist Engagement Team members Keegan Xavi and Chrys Carroll for an evening of creative engagement.
And listen to us on KFAI!
On Oct. 7, KFAI’s Art Matters featured Artist Engagement Team members Shá Cage and E.G. Bailey and Arts, Culture and the Creative Economy program data specialist Rachel Engh. Check out the segment here.
October 16, Coffee Talk with Gulgun Kayim, 9-10:30 a.m., Café Southside, 3405 Chicago Ave. S.: Join Gulgun Kayim, Director of the Arts, Culture and the Creative Economy program, for her community office hours.